Be Inspired and Challenged in One of Our Three FOCUS Competition Programs.
FOCUS Dance Center (FDC) is 12,000 square feet of brand new state-of-the-art dance training grounds, in the heart of beautiful Irvine California. Our competing programs are designed to give the dancers of all ages and levels, professional dance training, while building self-confidence, teamwork, determination, drive, a fulfilling dance experience, and life long friendships.
Starter Program – For the Beginning dancer:
No audition required. This competing program is for the entry-level dancer. Requirements: 1 – Competition in March, April or May, Weekly training in Monday 3:30 technique class, Tuesday 3:30 Combo/Choreography class, and 1 Ballet class, and Concert Series in June. Summer Dance Camp/Workshop and Convention recommended.
Club FOCUS – For the Beginning/Intermediate competition dancer:
This competing program requires less commitment than the Company program. The required participation is 1 – convention, 2 – competitions, dedication to training throughout the season in a minimum of 4.5 hours weekly, which includes, 1 1/2 hour Saturday block, 2 ballet classes, 1 Turns and Technique, and a weekly 1 hour choreography rehearsal, plus rally and Concert Series.
FOCUS Company – For the Intermediate/Advanced Dancer:
The competitive FOCUS Company is a committed program, requiring participation in a minimum of 1 – convention, 4 – competitions, some additional events, and a dedicated commitment to training throughout the season, in our competitive dancers proven successful (Company Only) required block-style training.
Open Company and P.T. Classes
In addition to the exclusive (Company Only) training blocks, competitive and noncompetitive dancers (by assessment) have the extra opportunity to take Open Company Classes to challenge and inspire.
How to begin
To be eligible for our prestigious unlimited monthly rate class Company, Club FOCUS, competition programs, fill out the application and read the details below, attend the Intensive/Audition Clinic, and begin the experience and inspiring journey of competitive dance at FOCUS. For the Starter Program, contact the office to sign up.
FOCUS INTENSIVE/AUDITION CLINIC DATES FOR COMPANY AND CLUB FOCUS
Audition/Intensive JULY 15 – 20
Auditions will be part of a 5 day Intensive July 15 –19 5:00pm-8:30pm with Auditions held Saturday July 20 between 9:00am and 5:30pm exact times will be available at the front desk.
Make-up Audition/Intensive AUGUST 12-16
Intensive 9:00am-12:30pm (Mon class starts at 8:30am) Make-up Auditions will take place in evening Competing blocks the week of August 12th. Check class Schedule for block times.
FEE FOR AUDITION/INTENSIVE:
$350.00 Discounts apply if dancers participate in more than one intensive.
Instructions to get started:
• Please submit your FOCUS Audition application (attached) and fees by e-mail, or bring to the FOCUS office by Friday July 12th.
• Walk-in applications are accepted after July 12th but there will be an additional $25.00 fee for additional administrative costs.
• FYI, no dancers will be allowed to audition until they have filled out the Audition application and paid for the Audition fee.
• You will audition in one of 3 age groups based on your age as of January 1 of the following year. Ages younger than 5 yrs. please contact the office
• If you are unable to attend the July Intensive/Audition Clinic and you choose to audition for the August make-up audition, send or deliver your Application, and fee before the July 12th deadline.
• Please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our audition information or dates.
For questions, come to FOCUS, call, 949.737.5151, or e-mail us at email@example.com, and let the journey begin!
Application To Be A Part Our Competition Program